Wedding days are one of the happiest days in people’s lives. This is the one day you’ve probably envisioned from several years back.
It’s usual to be apprehensive about how the Church and Reception décor will turn out.
Whether it’s a small intimate wedding or a large elaborate affair, the venue ought to have the setting and beautification befitting a wedding of your standard and taste. A professional decorator’s aim is to take the worry off you and provide your perfect venue decor at a minimal cost within your budget range.
This role goes beyond just knowing what colors complement each other. Bear in mind that the Wedding décor will always be remembered as it’ll be visible in most of your wedding pictures.
Consistent worry about the décor can be minimized by hiring a professional wedding decorator with design expertise and experience to give you peace of mind.
There are certain things to consider when choosing a wedding decorator and these have been listed out below:
1. RESPECT: A decorator should treat you with respect. It’s your wedding day and you certainly expect the best décor possible. A decorator ought to appreciate you as the client and give you the necessary attention and time required. If you are treated in an impolite and offhand manner, it’s advisable to check alternative decorators
2. KNOWLEDGEABLE: A good wedding decorator stays up to speed on trends in the wedding industry and should be able to offer up to date creative designs. With the different themes and concepts readily available, he /she should be able to advise and recommend options and alternatives in view of your venue/weather and vice versa.
3. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE: Most brides already know what décor preferences they like and have probably kept pictures of their expectations. Ensure your decorator fully understands your preferred choice and discuss the details at length. If possible request to see one of their décor jobs for a couple whose wedding date will be before your date. Consider several color schemes to help you tie everything together. Flowers, bridesmaid dresses, linens cakes and flowers should look as though they all belong together even if they aren’t exactly the same color.
4. BUDGET: A good decorator should be ready to work with your budget. As much as you can, avoid going over budget. Ensure you do not soar high on expectations about wedding themes that are way beyond your budget. A wedding decorator who is truly gifted should be resourceful enough to create your ideal wedding at a reasonable cost. Keep in mind though that the larger a wedding is, the higher the bill will likely be. Request for discounts in order to bring the cost down. Remember your decorator ought to know how to work with you to prioritize your wedding wishes.
5. CREATIVITY: No couple wants their wedding to look like all the other weddings they’ve been to. A wedding decorator should be creative enough to make your wedding different in a beautiful way. Couples expect a creative genius thatwould wowwedding guests with one-of-a-kind ideas. Brides want original and fresh ideas with unique results. A decorator owes you that much.
6. A GOOD LISTENER: A true professional is always a good listener. He /she will have ideas to offer and advice to give, and also listen to what you have to say. Worrying is a natural reaction but your fears should be dispelled after you’ve had a discussion with your decorator.
7. ORGANIZED:This is one of the most important aspects of a wedding decorating firm. Practically every bride wants to be reassured that she is in good hands. If your decorator has more than one event on the same date, he/she has to assure you they can handle it.
8. ATTENTION TO DETAIL: A good decorator ought to pay close attention to specific details mentioned by the couple. Details to look out for include neatness, polished overlook and key spots mentioned during previous discussions. Ensure you keep reminding the decorator of your total expectations.
9. PASSIONATE: Most decorators love their work. Ensure you get decorator who loves doing what he/ she does. These categories of people are usually easier to work with, and feel comfortable to let take the initiative when needed. You will get additional freebies in order to ensure your event is smooth and successful.
10. COMMUNICATION: Professional wedding decorators sometimes spend an unbelievable amount of time with their clients either through phone calls or emails as the decor needs and expectations change. Updates are regularly being passed across. The bond formed form with your decorator should be based on honesty, trust and mutual respect.
By: EnoAbasi Odiagah